In 2021, the Bonfiglioli Group made the strategic choice to start the certification process for the ISO 50001 Standard, starting from the Italian plant characterized by the greatest production complexity, namely that of Forlì, in the wake of the successful experience of the ISO Certifications 9001 (Quality), 14001 (Environment) and 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety) standards of its plants in Italy and abroad.
This choice fully reflects the Group's key principles and values, with particular reference to the issues of social, environmental and energy sustainability, oriented to the entire product life cycle, from the phases of design and selection/purchase of materials and suppliers to end-of-life management and the design and construction of sustainable workplaces, also considering the other actors involved in the production chain.
The main activities that have allowed the Bonfiglioli Group to achieve this important goal are:
- Review of the Group's Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Energy Policy, valid for all plants in Italy and abroad, with the inclusion of specific commitments relating to energy efficiency and, more generally, sustainability;
- Creation of a dedicated team: the Energy Team;
- Energy Analysis of the Forlì plant, mapping of consumption, definition of performance indicators and energy objectives;
- Definition of procedures and documentary tools dedicated to the improved management of energy performance and the maximum integration of energy issues into business processes;
- Programming and delivery of training activities for personnel
Bonfiglioli's commitment to supporting sustainability is constant, and the certification obtained represents a further tangible sign of its contribution to a greener world!